Summer Recommended Pleasure Reading
Holiday recommendations are compiled from starred review lists, titles popular in the Middle School, and librarian favorites.
Upper School Suggestions
Past Years Lists
MORE EBOOKS with OVERDRIVE!
Overdrive Ebooks coming to Overlake!
Going somewhere this summer and want to take reading with you? Would you like to be able to download ebooks on your own devices 24/7? Then you are in luck! Starting May 20th Overlake will have its own Overdrive Collection with ebooks that relate to things like our summer reading programs, Outstanding Books for the College Bound, and just plan good old fashioned "thumping good reads!"
How do you get started? Just click on the image above to go directly to our Overdrive Collection. Here is our Overdrive Ebook page with information that you need to read our ebooks on your devices.
Links to other libraries
CNN Top Stories
New: Check out books for the Summer!
Returning next year and want to check out up to five books from Overlake for the summer? Now you can, under the following conditions:
- You must have no overdue/unpaid lost books by June 2.
- Books already checked out may not be “renewed” for the summer. They must be physically returned and checked in, and then may be checked out for the summer. If the book is on hold for someone else, that person has priority for the summer checkout.
- Checkouts start June 2, with books due back September 2.
- You may not check out additional books in the following academic year until the summer checkout books have been returned/paid for.
- If you lose or damage the books, your account will be charged for the replacement cost of the book, plus a $15 processing fee.
- If you bring in a replacement copy, it must be an equivalent copy or better (i.e., a hardback may not be replaced by a paperback). The $15 processing fee will still apply.
Middle Schoolers--Your parents will need to sign an agreement form to allow you to check out books (see below).
Upper Schoolers--You will need to sign an agreement form before checking out books (see below).
The manga magazine Shonen Jump is now only available online. You will need to log in to read the manga.
Books For Literacy Club
Suggest a Book!
Is there a book you'd like to have in the Library? Use the Comments to suggest it!